Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Garden of the Heart for Mom


I got some NEW toys today!! Also, one of my customers/friends just order the new Garden of the Heart Stamp Set & told me that I could play with it before I give it to her tomorrow. So I thought I would make her a card sample. I found one almost the same as this made by Michelle Reynolds (another SU Demonstrator) over on the new Stampin' UP! Demonstrator website called Stampin' Connection. I did change the ribbon & sentiment & also added some sparkle to the ribbon on the hat. Here is how it was made:
Started with So Saffron Cardstock. Ran this through the Big Shot with my NEW Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, leaving about 1-1/2" un-texturized at the bottom of the 1/4 sheet. Then I stamped the "Wonderful Mother" from the Occasions Mini Catalog Stamp Set called Well Scripted, using Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. Then I tied this Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon around into a know. Next I stamped the hat/bonnet from the Occasions Mini Catalog stamp set called Garden from the Heart with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I colored the ribbon & flowers with So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker. The leaves & stems were colored with the Old Olive Stampin' Write marker. I then cut out the image with my Paper Snips and popped it up on the card with the Pop-Up Glue Dots. I also added Dazzling Diamonds to the ribbon on the hat/bonnet.
Hope you like it! Thanks, Michelle for the great sample!!

No comments: