Monday, December 28, 2009

Bubble Gum M & M's



Who can resist an old fashioned gumball machine!! Then add M&M's....YUMMY!!

For this card I started with a base of Real Red cardstock, layered Whisper White cardstock on top of that. I stamped the sentiment "Birthday Celebrations" from the Upsy Daisy Stamp Set in Basic Black Classic Ink. Then I used my 1/2" Circle Punch and punched out 6 each of Yo-Yo Yellow, Only Orange & Gable Green Cardstock (to match the M&M's). I randomly place & glued the dots down with my Tombow Glue. Next comes the gumball machine from the NEW stamp set called Something Sweet that will be available in the new Stampin' UP! Occasions Mini Catalog. I stamped the bottom of the gumball machine usine Real Red Classic Ink, then punched the hole for the Sweet Treat Cup with my 1-3/4". Then I stamped the cover of the gumball machine with Real Red Classic Ink. I know that it is hard to see on the picture but I did color the stamped image with my Versamarker and used Clear Embossing Powder to make it shiny like a real gumball machine. I filled my Sweet Treat Cup with M&M's and attached a piece of Whisper White cardstock to the back (I didn't like the Real Red showing through the back, the white shows off the M&M's a little more). Next, I attached the Sweet Treat Cup to the stamped gumball machine image. Then I layered this to the Real Red cardstock and finally attached this to the top of the "spotted" Whisper White cardstock.

This will be card #4 for my upcoming card class on January 23rd! Let me know if you're interested in attending the class. Or if you cannot make the class I will be glad to make the cards and send them out for you!

No comments: