Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dashing Snowflake Christmas Swap Card

Still playing around with my new stuff!

Here is a card that I will be using for an upcoming team meeting swap card. So those of you that are going to the same meeting will be receiving one of these. I will also be hosting a stamping class for the Green Bay Park & Rec Dept on September 14th . The attendees will be making 6 cards, 3 designs (so they will make 2 of each card). This will be one of the cards that they will be making.

If you live in Green Bay or near by and would like to attend, please contact the Green Bay Park & Rec Department for more information and/or to sign up. There will also be a class in October & November. The November class will be ALL Christmas cards. September & October will be a variety of cards.

I stamped my new Dasher Stamp with Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White Cardstock. This was then layered onto Real Red cardstock that was punched with the Eyelet Border punch & a little Real Red Gingham Ribbon added for flair. The base of the card is Real Red Card Stock with Whisper White added for the card portion (the larger white portion opens up to put your sentiment). I used the new Four the Holiday "Merry Christmas" stamp on the bottom (sorry I was a sloppy stamper today, you can see a little of the ink got onto the edges of the rubber around the words). I also utilized my Big Shot with the Snowflake #2 Die Cut....my hint to you is to only run one piece of cardstock through at a time. I tried doing 2 at a time and portions of the middle of the snowflake were pretty tricky to get apart without ripping the snowflake. I then attached the snowflake to the Whisper White cardstock with my 2-way Glue Pen and then layered by Dasher reindeer over the top.

Would love to hear what you think of this!! It looks pretty clean and simple which is what I was going for so that the girls aren't overwhelmed at the class next month.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: