My Cousin's little boy, Cody is turning 3 on April Fool's Day!! We are going up north (where he lives) later in the week. So thought I should get working on his card.
Yesterday I picked up this Sixxix Train Die at Michaels with a 50% off coupon I got in an email so I ended up paying $10 for it, how great is that!!
Here are the steps for making the card:
- Cut Pacific Point Blue Cardstock (4.25x5.5) for base of card
- Cut Kiwi Kiss Cardstock (4x5.25), layer that on top of the Pacific Point Cardstock.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock (3.75x5), layer this on top of the Kiwi Kiss Cardstock.
- I have some chipboard alphabet & letters, I traced the "3" and cut it out of Kiwi Kiss Cardstock.
- Next I ran pieces of Pacific Point & Kiwi Kiss Cardstock thru the Big Shot with the Sixxix Train Die. This die has the steam engine, 2 passenger cars & a caboose. I only cut out the engine & one of the cars.
- I trimmed off the top portion of the passenger car to make it a flatbed to carry my "3".
- I then attached the Pacific Point train & flatbed (see how the cars interlock, I did cut off the hook at the back of the flatbed since there were no more cars).
- Remove the center pieces of the Pacific Point train.
- I punched out the Kiwi Kiss "center pieces" and attached them to the Pacific Point train.
- Then I attached the smoke puffs.
- I then cut & attached the back folded portion of the card using Whisper White Cardstock (8.5x5.5), folded it in half & attached it to the finished card front.
- Last, I stamped the "BIRTHDAY WISHES" sentiment for the Stampin' UP! WOW Flowers Stamp Set.
- Stamps: WOW Flowers
- Paper: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White
- Ink: Kiwi Kiss
- Accessories: Big Shot, Sixxix train die, Boho Flower Punch